Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Appreciation

As the old adage goes, you don't know what you have until it is gone. Sometimes it is easy to lose your appreciation for the good things in life. Like it or not, we are all (in some way) "what have you done for me lately kind of people". But there are also people or simple things that you can appreciate at all times.

[248/365] No place I would rather be

I spent the New Years weekend in Whistler. One thing I learned as I took the picture above is that you can never really fall out of appreciation for the fact that I live in such a beautiful place. While London is on the horizon, I know that I will always call Vancouver home. Not only for the beautiful landscape but for the company I was with. There is no person I would have rather been with at this time.

We all try to live in the present and it is easy to forget to appreciate what we have. Too often we don't appreciate the things we love and care about until it is gone or is about to go. I won't be making that mistake - there are just too many reasons to not take her presence for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment